gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Is GCL-TK broken ?

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Is GCL-TK broken ?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:07:23 +0300

Mike Thomas ?????:

Hi Vadim.

| I just tried a simple example from
| the very beginning of gcl-tk.info:
|
|  >(in-package "tk")
|  >(tkcoonect)
|
| It fails with message that si::open-named-socked
| must have less than two arguments.  Indeed,
| in /gcl-tk/tkl.lisp this function is invoked as
| (si::open-named-socket 0 nil) while in socket.c
| it is defined with 1 argument.
|
| Anyone tried gcl-tk?  Any success?
| It seems that at present TK package is broken.

You don't say what platform, but it is definitely broken on Windows and
unlikely to be fixed in a hurry.

Sorry, it's Linux (by default ;-)

The Windows binary of GCL comes with a basic binding to the JAPI java GUI
library.  An example of how to use it is included below.

If you build GCL from source on Linux you can probably easily get that
binding working there too - I haven't had feedback on it.  Just get libjapi
and japi.h from the JAPI web site.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.

I'll try this a bit later.  JAPI seems to be interesting but
now I just want to know what is the real state of affairs
with gcl-tk.

Best wishes,

Vadim

--