gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Configure has problems on Gentoo Linux with 2.5.2

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Configure has problems on Gentoo Linux with 2.5.2
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:33:40 +1000

Hi Cliff.

This one:

| creating bin/gcl.bat
| sed: can't read ./bin/gcl.bat.in: No such file or directory

is fixed in CVS (I forgot to remove "gcl.bat" from "configure.in" some time
ago) - "mostly harmless".

These ones:

| Here's the error:
| creating ./config.status
| creating makedefc
| sed: file conftest.s1 line 10: Unterminated `s' command
| creating windows/gcl.iss
| sed: file conftest.s1 line 10: Unterminated `s' command
| My sed version is sed-4.0.6.

I don't get on MinGW32 with sed version 3.02, and autoconf version 2.05.  I
suggest you checkout the new "configure.in" from CVS, or if using a
prebundled source tarball, remove the reference to "gcl.bat" as follows:

-  AC_OUTPUT(makedefc windows/gcl.iss bin/gcl.bat)
+  AC_OUTPUT(makedefc windows/gcl.iss)

Then at your shell prompt run:

   autoconf

and then:

   configure <your favourite configuration arguments>

as usual.  Hopefully this will sync up the configure script with your
current set of tools.  Let me know what happens.

Mike Thomas.