gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Fatal error w. EQUAL

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Fatal error w. EQUAL
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:33:10 -0600

I'm writing tests confirming that safe calls to various CL functions
properly throw PROGRAM-ERRORs when their arguments have too few/many/
have bad keywords.

The call (EQUAL NIL) should throw an error, but returns NIL.
Worse, when trapping errors it does this:

CL-TEST>(classify-error (equal nil))

Error in EQUAL [or a callee]: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]

Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Broken at EQUAL.  Type :H for Help.
 1 (Abort) Return to top level.
dbl:CL-TEST>>

(where CLASSIFY-ERROR is a macro defined in the ansi-tests file
ansi-aux.lsp.)

This is causing my local copy of the test suite to segfault
at the test containing this form.

        Paul