gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] bug in o/package.d no_package

From: Peter Wood
Subject: [Gcl-devel] bug in o/package.d no_package
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:26:42 +0100

Hi

There is a bug in the error reporting of the 'no_package' function.  It
calls FEwrong_type_argument(TSor_symbol_string_package,n) which
results in the following unfortunate error message:

Top level.
>(package-name "this is a string")

"this is a string" is not of type (OR SYMBOL STRING PACKAGE).

:-)

I changed it to the following, which works for my experimental new
error system, but you may want to change to FEpackage_error.

no_package(n)
object n;
{
  Icall_error_handler(sKsimple_package_error,
                      make_simple_string("There is no package with the name
~S."),
                      1,
                      n);

/*      FEwrong_type_argument(TSor_symbol_string_package,n);*/
}
>(multiple-value-bind (a b) (ignore-errors (package-name "this is a string"))
>(values b (format nil "~A" b)))

#<CONDITIONS::SIMPLE-PACKAGE-ERROR.1>
"There is no package with the name \"this is a string\"."

Regards,
Peter