gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] 5.9.0 release candidate 1

From: James Amundson
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] 5.9.0 release candidate 1
Date: 03 Sep 2002 20:50:42 -0500

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 09:13, Stephen Leake wrote:
> "Mike Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I have a fix for this and hope to check it into GCL CVS this evening.
>
> If the released Maxima can only build cleanly with the CVS GCL, then
> we need to bundle a GCL patch with the Maxima release, so that people
> can build the released Maxima with a released GCL.

Maxima should build under windows and either clisp 2.29 or gcl 2.4.3. If
gcl works, maxima should work. The current gcl cvs should work, also,
but I haven't tried it.

I was able to get gcl 2.4.3 to work using cygwin, mingw and the notes
that came with gcl. I am *not* the person to ask about it, however -- I
really didn't know what I was doing. Mike is doing a better job of
explaining.

> This approach is used with GNAT, the Gnu Ada compiler. It comes with
> patches for binutils and gcc.

I don't *think* there is anything special we need. Please speak up again
if you find otherwise.

--Jim