gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Mac OS X

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Mac OS X
Date: 24 Jul 2002 13:31:07 -0400

Greetings!

Unfortunately, given the current state of gcl portability, quite a few
items are still not determined by configure, and are put in by hand in
the h/arch.h files.  I suggest you copy one from a machine closest to
yours, try running ./configure --enable-machine=<...> && make, and see
what breaks.  Gcl should compile now with -Wall, so please add this to
the CFLAGS -- it should also help you in the port.

In general, we can only directly support open machines to which we
have remote access, and of course as time allows.  We support other
arches, such as Windows, through dedicated volunteers with access to
the machine in question, and who have joined the development team.
Perhaps you would like to volunteer for Darwin?

Take care,