gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Mingw32 BFD

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Mingw32 BFD
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:19:07 +1000

Hi Camm.

The problem is occuring in "fasload()" in "sfaslbfd.c" at:

    if (!bfd_get_relocated_section_contents(b,&link_info,&link_order,
         (void *)s->output_section->vma,0,q))

A SIGSEGV in bfd_getl32(), called in turn from
    coff_i386_reloc(),
    bfd_perform_relocation(),
    bfd_generic_get_relocated_section_contents() and at the top of the
stack,
    bfd_get_relocated_section_contents() in the above line.

The struct arguments to the function all seem to be sensible (ie not
containing random data), but never-the-less it looks like there is an
initialization problem.  Poking around on the function call stack crashes
gdb so it's pretty messy.

Have you any ideas?  I tried executing "si::build-symbol-table" manually
before trying to load the object file, but the same problem

What a convoluted chase it has been so far.  It took me ages to realise that
link_info.hash is actually initialised via the INITFORM makefile macro when
"raw_gcl.exe" is built!

As my home computer just died I won't be able to touch this over the
weekend.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.