gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Pure bfd checked in

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Pure bfd checked in
Date: 14 Jun 2002 11:12:00 -0400

Greetings!

"Mike Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:

> > 2) i386-linux defaults to using the bfd for both initial symbol table
> >    building and fasloading.  Use the --disable-bfd option to configure if
> you
> >    want the old elf behavior.  I'm making this the default as I'd like
> >    to shake out the bugs if any in
> >    bfd support.  No errors found in maxima make test with this turned
> >    on.
>
> Are you saying that bfd support is by default turned on or off?

Depends on the platform.  Currently, (386,powerpc)-linux uses bfd by
default.  On 386-linux, you can choose the old behavior by ./configure
--disable-bfd.  Powerpc has no non-bfd capability.

In addition, m68k-linux and arm-linux will shortly use bfd by default
in like manner (to powerpc).  I've successfully build gcl/maxima on
both boxes, and just need to finalize CLEAR_CACHE and validate 'make
test'(!).

Take care,