gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Compile failure

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Compile failure
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 19:18:12 +0300

Camm Maguire wrote:

> Greetings, and thanks for your report!  Is this after my commits of
> this afternoon?  What is your version of rsym_elf.c?  What is your
> system and libc version?
>
> Take care,
>
> C Y <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I took a shot at compiling the latest CVS, and here's what happened.
> > If you want the full output I can send it, but it's rather long.  Sorry
> > if this duplicates a problem already mentioned.
> >
> > CY
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Make of GCL 2.4.0 completed.
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cliff/gcl/gcl-tk'
> > (cd demos ; \
> > echo '(load "../tkl.o")(TK::GET-AUTOLOADS (directory "*.lisp"))' |
> > ../../unixport/saved_gcl)
> > GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  Version(2.4.0) Fri Jan  4 15:45:09 CST 2002
> > Licensed under GNU Library General Public License
> > Contains Enhancements by W. Schelter

> > symbol "_setjmp" is not in base imagestart address -T 82ac000 Finished
> > 46432
> >

> > Error: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
> > Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
> > Error signalled by EVAL.
> > Broken at TK::GET-AUTOLOADS.  Type :H for Help.
> > (cd info ; make)
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/cliff/gcl/info'
> > make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cliff/gcl/info'

I've similar but a bit different problem with GCL
with latest fixes. Now it builds on both my systems
(glibc 2.2.4 and 2.2.3). Maxima also builds on it
without any visible trouble but on both systems
Maxima tests dump core with the following message

%Input is
NUSUM(N N!, N, 0, N)
symbol "_setjmp" is not in base image
Unrecoverable error: Segmentation violation..

It seems that something is wrong with _setjmp.
Notice, that before you did this _setjmp modification
I had not any errors or warnings about _sigsetjmp.
But as far as I understand you experienced problems
with _sigsetjmp on your 2.2.4 machine?

Vadim

--

[ Vadim V. Zhytnikov  <address@hidden>  <address@hidden> ]