gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Some cygwin progress

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Some cygwin progress
Date: 18 Dec 2001 14:52:26 -0500

Greetings, and thanks for the info.  Too bad about the elf. I would
like to see what configure chooses for DBEGIN.  I'm guessing that it
is what you posted separately in your gclincl.h file:

#define DBEGIN 0xa000000 /* where data begins */=0A=

This is far away from what is in the gnuwin95.h file:

#define DBEGIN 0x10100000

I'm going to take a wild guess here, and 1) assume your getting the
same segfault as Dan, and 2) Suggest you define as

#define DBEGIN 0x1a000000 /* where data begins */=0A=

This guess comes from Dan's report where the first alloc appears to
want to go in at 0x1a100000.  Might need to actually use this address,
so try this too.  In any case, please do me the favor of compiling
with -g, running through gdb, and giving a backtrace of the fault with
bt.  I'd also like to see the full configure output.

The gclincl.h file helps alot, thanks!  I guess PAGEWIDTH is
defaulting to its lowest value, as it does not appear to be in the
headers anywhere for this platform.  Please also try defining PAGEWITH
to be 12, and then 13 in gnuwin95.h  I don't expect this will help,
but we should try.

You can also try to compile this simple program under cygwin to get
your system's pagewidth:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int
main() {

  unsigned int i,j,ps;

  ps=getpagesize();
  if (ps & (ps-1)) {
    fprintf(stderr,"Page size not multiple of two! %u\n",ps);
    return -1;
  }
  for (i=0,j=1;j<ps;i++,j<<=1);

  printf("%u %u\n",ps,i);