gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] CVS should now build

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] CVS should now build
Date: 16 Dec 2001 01:56:49 -0500

Greetings!

Agreed on all three points.  My feeling is that once we get what we
have building stably on the major platforms, we need to start thinking
of a roadmap for planned improvements.  All these things need to be
done, but if we do them in the right order, we could save ourselves
considerable effort.

The ANSI C compliance seems pretty easy.  Again, after we get the
current tree building stably with minimal changes, perhaps we should
release as 2.4.1, and then start adding -Wall to the compile flags,
cleaning up everything we see there, and then maybe -ansi.  I've
looked at this and its a significant job, though straightforward.

With the  targeting of sections of GCL, this is a great idea, but we
should have some discussion as to which areas are priority.
Personally, I don't feel I yet have enough experience to meaningfully
comment :-)

Test procedures are critical, IMHO, and of all these suggestions,
should be done first.  I'm just using make test from maxima, but this
is surely inadequate.  Does anyone know of a CLtL1 tester available
somewhere?

Take care,