gcjwebplugin-devel

[Gcjwebplugin-devel] Re: NSAPI/ OJI/ Applet plugin

From: Philippe Laporte
Subject: [Gcjwebplugin-devel] Re: NSAPI/ OJI/ Applet plugin
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:15:03 +0100

Hej,
The need for a generic JNI plugin did occur to me after looking at the Kaffe plugin code...

Some preliminary questions:

- Why is the security not finished? No one seriously using this plugin yet? Why not?

- Why non-gnu? Why not migrate to the classpath tree?

- How many browser to Java APIs are there all in all and what's their stories?

There is a good chance I will need a fully functional open-source OJI plugin sometime soon.

Thanks a lot,

Philippe Laporte
Software
Gatespace Telematics