gchemutils-main

Re: [Gchemutils-main] Releases

From: Julian Sikorski
Subject: Re: [Gchemutils-main] Releases
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 19:26:37 +0200

Jean Bréfort napisał(a):
> Hi
>
> I just released the Gnome Chemistry Utils 0.6.5 and 0.7.91.
>
> 0.6.5 is a maininance release. It fixes some build issues (see
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=19523).
> It will not build with goffice versions other than 0.2.x.
>
> 0.7.91, aka 0.8.0beta2, brings in a few bugs fixes, minor enhancements
> and update translations. (Note to translators: there is one new sting
> and one has changed, sorry).
> I am not sure it will compile with gcc-3.x. If someone needs that,
> please tell me.

No problem with the strings, I can handle that ;) The bigger issue are
the dependences: while openbabel 2.1 is already in rawhide, goffice-0.4
is not, and if it has the ABI incompatible with 0.2, it may not be
available in fedora until f8 (f7 is at feature freeze now). I had little
luck setting up xen VM, so I may need to wait for a while to actually
test the translations. I'll do my best, though.

Regards,
JS

P.S.
Do you know if there is some kind of goffice release schedule somewhere?
 If the final version is to be released, say, one week after f7, I may
be able to convince the maintainer to update to the devel version.