gchempaint-main

Re: [Gchempaint-main] GChemPaint , usability, and projects for 0.8

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: Re: [Gchempaint-main] GChemPaint , usability, and projects for 0.8
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:50:50 +0100

Le lundi 20 mars 2006 à 17:35 +0100, Pav Lucistnik a écrit :
> Jean Bréfort píše v pá 17. 03. 2006 v 09:11 +0100:
>
> > The last important work to do before 0.8 is to get rid of the gnome
> > libraries. Hopefully, gtk+-2.10 will have most of what is needed. This
> > might help to port GChemPaint to other platforms (if somebody
> > volunteers).
>
> I noticed that gnome-chemistry-utils 0.6 grew dependency on goffice...
> that is not exactly getting rid of GNOME libraries...

By gnome libraries, I intended libgnomecanvas, libgnomeprint(ui) and
libgnome(ui).
libgoffice adds some nice functionalities: charts at the moment, and
integration of files in abiword in the future. I'm already able to embed
native GChemPaint files in abiword documents. And this library is
actively developed at the moment, while the others are not, and are
going to be deprecated in a (near?) future.
Also, new dependencies might come in as libghemical.

Cheers,
Jean