gchempaint-main

[Gchempaint-main] GChemPaint 0.3.5 released

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: [Gchempaint-main] GChemPaint 0.3.5 released
Date: 28 Aug 2003 15:50:00 +0200

Hi,

There are not completely new features in this release, but many things
have been enhanced.

Main visible changes are:
- Many text improvements
- Finished implementation of the edit menu
- Arrow rendering rewritten
- bgcolor property for the Bonobo control
- Limit the number of bonds an atom might have

Also ther has been some code cleaning and some bugs fixed.

The main missing feature before reaching the 0.4.0 version is printing
of arrows, texts, and some other objects. I hopped that ther would be
support for printing Pango layouts in gnome-print 2.4, but it seems that
this is not there. So, I must find another solution to print the texts.
I hope it will not be too difficult and that the next stable version
will be released before the end of this year.

I have added many details in the TODO file. If somebody has other ideas
or requests, tell me.

Best regards,

Jean