gap-discuss

Re: [gap-discuss] ANN: PDFKit 1.0.0 released

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [gap-discuss] ANN: PDFKit 1.0.0 released
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 22:35:30 +1100

Hello all,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> PDFKIT 1.0.0
> I am pleased to announce that yesterday I released a new version of
> PDFKit, which comes originally from GSImageApps.

Which apps is this new release useful for? Vindaloo.app which relies on
PopplerKit instead [1], and ViewPDF.app is supposedly unmaintained [2].

I recall aiming to find or write a PDF viewer which allows to view
multiple pages on one screen.

There was a discussion on the list before about various PDF viewers and
the best way to move forward, but I don't remember the conclusion and
don't remember having grasped it either.

Thank you in advance for your help -- it seems to be more a fault on my
part for not taking notes than anyone else's; the answers I get are,
while perhaps a bit out of my depth, typically informative and helpful.

[1] http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Vindaloo.app
[2] http://home.gna.org/gsimageapps/

Svetlana