gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 11:18:38 +0200

On Friday, September 6, 2013 10:58 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> > yes, works for me too.
> >> I am however unable to join a channel (commnad doesn't get entered on
> >> return) or authenticate my IRC (to be honest, I don't even see the
> >> notification that my nickname should be authenticated, which is strange)..
> > I haven't tested with a nickname that needs to be authenticated, so
> > cannot report on that.
> >
> > To join an IRC channel you have to
> >
> > /join <#channelname> <password>
> >
> > If the channel name doesn't need a password, doesn't matter, just specify
> > something random. Then in the server tab, I see the topic of the joined
> > channel
> > showing up, and also a list of the users in the channel, but, a tab for
> > the channel is not opening.
> Hmm. I checked on Debian, where everything is "old": old gnustep, old
> talksoup... :) THis showed me that everything used to work properly. You
> can just type and /join #xxxx to join a channel, no thing else needed.
> Thus I am convinced that something broke.

Maybe its something to do with NS(U)Integer changes, old gnustep, and old
talksoup
likely agreed with what they had, but now old talksoup, and new gnustep, don't
agree
anymore. At least I get a lot of runtime warnings from libobjc2 when compiled
with
DEBUG. I need to setup a host with clang, to hopefully get more valuable output
when compiling.

> How does current CVS version fare for you guys?

hope to test that one on weekend.

> > Thus something else seems broken. I also tried to use the objectaddition
> > patch "pure" to see that I didn't make a merge error, but no help.
> > I don't get what you mean with "pure" here.
> I intended here to the patch applied without changes, as opposed to my
> "merged" version.

thanks for clarifying, now I understand.

> To check on the mac will take some time. I don't want to mess with
> installing gnustep and ngustep.make, but I want native XCode projects
> and with all the bundles, right now I got lost :)

ah, ;)

cheers,
Sebastian