gap-dev-discuss

[Gap-dev-discuss] Stop GNUMail from segfaulting on Quit

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: [Gap-dev-discuss] Stop GNUMail from segfaulting on Quit
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 19:27:51 +0200

Hi,

I was wondering why GNUMail was always segfaulting for me when I quit GNUMail, and leaving a core dump. With my research I found, that only happens when in the Preferences I change the View from
the default floating windows to anything else.

In GNUMail.m when it goes to terminate the application, it checks if it has the Floating view, and if yes
then closing the MailboxViewer window. If not, then it is not doing it.

Since the other views don't work. At least even when I enable them, I always get the floating windows view, this then breaks the termination process, and already freed Instances are released again,
leading to the segfaults.

Does for anyone else different view types than the floating windows actually work? I searched a bit
in the code, but did not found out, where those get used...

Attached patch doesn't do the check anymore, and closes the MailboxViewer window unconditionally,
preventing the crash for me.

OK?

cheers,
Sebastian<patch-Framework_GNUMail_GNUMail_m>