gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] GNUMail doesn't connect to IMAP Server

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] GNUMail doesn't connect to IMAP Server
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 00:36:44 +0200

Hi,

On 2012-08-07 19:18:05 +0200 "Sebastian Reitenbach" <address@hidden> wrote:

How about this then: This now works for me. I figured, when I explicityl set theBOOL to NO, then it worked immediately, so I looked closer and figured, I have to move the whole if (theBOOL) down, because _servers is at that time still empty, and it doesn't know which servers to query and therefore refuses to get back with a name. With it moved down, after the if (!o) chunk, it perfectly works for me.

Does it still work for you on NetBSD and Linux?

The patch to Framework/Pantomime/io.c is to get rid of a compiler warning, implicit declaration of abort()

I tried on FreeBSD and a quick test shows that it becomes very unstable when browsing my IMAP folders with hangs and and CPU getting stuck to 100%.
Some stuff must be fishy...

I am using GNUMail on MacOS and it is reasonably usable, I can navigate through folders, read and delete mail and send mail with non.-authenticated SMTP (which i can only from home... elsewehere I need authentication which doesn't work... but that is a nother well-known issue)

Riccardo