gap-dev-discuss

[Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune: bug reporting

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune: bug reporting
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:53:49 +0200

Hi,

as Sebastian pointed out, the "Send bug report" feature of Cynthiune needs to be fixed... we can't send bugs to the old maintainer. I see different possible options:
1) just disable it / remove it
2) point to our mailing list address
3) open the URL for https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=gap , possibly with something precompiled? https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=gap . It would be nice to somehow presetn "Application" and the subject to "[Cynthiune] insert synopsis here" but I wasn't able to do that quickly

What do you think?

2) mailing lists need moderation if you are not subscribed

for both 2) and 3) if you don't have a gnustep registered URL handler it won't work well I suppose. So you need GNUmail.. and we know it is in a sorry state currently because of SMTP bugs. For URLs it is even worse, since I bet vespucci has not enough functionality do login and submit a bug (I tried, the picklist do not get properly populated and I didn't even try to login and submit) and in any case it is unreleased software. We lack a proper wrapper with much better functionality than a shell script can provide.

Riccardo