gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] ready packages, release candidates

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] ready packages, release candidates
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 09:44:14 +0200

Hi,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
LDFLAGS="-lz" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/X11R6/include" ./configure \
    --with-freetype2-add-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
    --with-freetype2-includes=/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2
Hmm..
I added a small openbsd exception, to pass CXXFLAGS. It compiles for me now without any tricks.
How is it for you guys? I can now build PDFKit on more platforms than before, I hope I improved the various cflags/ldflags settings. For openBSD I added an exception to pass the freetyp2 options inside the CXXFLAGS or compilation would fail. I correctly pass the -Wno-string-write to avoid warnings, previously it was set but unused due to errors.

I previoulsy was unable to build on OpenBSD and FreeBSD9

The problem now, however, is that when building the PDF viewer bundle of GWorkspace I get linker problems, symbols are not found, thus the inspector does not get build. I fear that it oculd be cause not using g++ anymore while linking, how is it for you? Of course you need to clean and run reconfigure for gworkspace and check the config.log of "Inspector".
If that is the case, I am clueless.

On linux debian x86, the "standard" platform I use for reference, everything works smoothly.

Riccardo