gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] ready packages, release candidates

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] ready packages, release candidates
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:06:07 +0200

On Monday, May 28, 2012 23:03 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Sebastian (and others)
>
> I think we have some stuff pending to be released (besides Cynthiune
> which is work in progress)
>
> Terminal as 0.9.8, minor build and portability fixes
> Addresses as 0.4.8, many minor bug fixes, updates
> Grr 0.9.1 (?) has many smaller updates and portability fixes too.
> PDFKit (0.9.1 ??) many essential fixes!!!
>
> I don't remember about other packages? I remember you asked about some
> others, games...

I think the games are fine, but MPDCon is also ready I'd say.
Not from GAP, but ProjectCenter latest release doesn't build with latest GNUstep
core, this would probably also be a good candidate ;)

> What's your take? comments about the release numbers? I think these
> should really get out!
> Ideally they should be testet against the last core release and against
> current. I tested some but not all.
I think the subminor version increase should be fine for all. Don't know
whether there are more major changes that would count for a minor
version bump instead of the subminor.

I'll test them against latest releases on macppc and i386 on OpenBSD.
I'll let you know.

cheers,
Sebastian