gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune. Current status

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune. Current status
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 12:55:31 +0200

Le 02/05/2012 12:34, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 05/02/12 10:38, Philippe Roussel wrote:
>> Le 02/05/2012 09:51, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
>> etc. Maybe the different behaviour between your setup and mine is that
>> I use gnustep trunk (differences in gnustep-make ?) and gcc 4.6.1. I
>> have a basic libao backend working. If you're having problems getting
>> sound on some plateforms where NSSound does work with libao, I can
>> send you the code for you to test. Philippe
> I am not sure, I don't have the laptop with me... I am pretty sure I
> used gcc 4.6 too. On NetBSD here I have gcc 4.5.3.
>
> I commited the big patch from Yavor about linking.

Cool.

> Everything still compiles, links and starts.. it did not play as before :)
>
> How does it fare for you now?

It build, links, starts and plays sound (I'm not sure which backend is
used as I have debian's alsa bundle and my own ao bundle installed) !

There are still some bugs and probably some debian patches to apply but
this is getting in the right direction.

Let me know if you're interested in the libao backend.

Thanks,
Philippe