gap-dev-discuss

[Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune. Current status

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune. Current status
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:51:31 +0200

Hi,

let me sum up as things are for me, before any further patches sent by Philippe.

1) Linux/Debian, debian packages, OSS emulation: everything seems quite fine for me, building is fine, running is fine... So except for ALSA, I cannot reproduce Philippe's problems. I'm not GS_make expert. So if BUNDLES is the more correct variable, it may be correct to add it, I will look at the patch in closer detail between today and tomorrow.

2) OpenBSD: Compiles, runs, plays MP3s when using the OSS backend. SNDio doesn't seem to do anything for me

3) NetBSD: Compiles with the ioctl() patch. Runs, but fails to play any file with the errors mentioned separately

4) FreeBSD 9: with clang/libobjc2: Compiles (with commited patches/fixes) but crahes on startup. I will try on FreeBSD8/gcc as soon as possible.

Cynthiune used to have a Mac 10.2 port, the project file is in there.. I still even have my old 10.2 box, but i don't know how to build the dependencies and where to put them (where the project expects them). If I get to it, I will try to upgrade the project to XCode then, but I'd consider the Mac port lower priority

I see traces of MinGW support. Would be nice to try at least the main plugins.

Riccardo