gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune output bundles

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune output bundles
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 21:17:35 +0200

Hi,

On 05/01/12 14:24, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
Does it build for you there, or you just don't get sound out of it?
Access to an audio interface is usually not shared. If there is an audio
application running, which already claimed the interface, then Cynthiune
will fail with OSS to get access to it. Therefore you usually want to have
a sound daemon running, which claims the access to the device, and
manages the different clients, allowing them to play music in parallel.
If OSS doesn't work there for other reasons, then maybe the esound or arts
output bundle may work. They work both for me on OpenBSD.

With some patches and by disabling some stuff, I got Cynthiune to compile both on FreeBSD as on NetBSD, but it doesn't work on either. ON the first I get a sound crash, on the second it starts but I can't play anything. I will report about them separately though, since they appear to be very different problems.

Riccardo