gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune build failure

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune build failure
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:02:50 +0200

Le 25/04/2012 19:27, Sebastian Reitenbach a écrit :

> On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:12 CEST, Philippe Roussel <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just tried building Cynthiune from GAP cvs and got this :
>>
>>> Making all for bundle WindowsMedia...
>>>  Compiling file CWMFile.cpp ...
>>> CWMFile.cpp: In function ‘void WMStreamGetInfos(void***, unsigned int*,
>>> long unsigned int*, unsigned int*)’:
>>> CWMFile.cpp:130:3: erreur: ‘StreamInfo’ was not declared in this scope
>>> CWMFile.cpp:130:3: note: suggested alternative:
>>> /usr/include/avifile-0.7/avifile.h:14:7: note:   ‘avm::StreamInfo’
>>> CWMFile.cpp:130:15: erreur: ‘streamInfo’ was not declared in this scope
>>
>> This is with avifile 0.7.48 (avifile-config --version) and gcc 4.6.1.
>
> I don't have avifile in the OpenBSD ports tree. And on the page listed in the
> README,
> there is only avifile 0.7.45. This doesn't build for me.
>
> I found a avifile 0.7.48 here:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/avifile/1:0.7.48~20090503.ds-9.1
>
> but this doesn't have a ready to be run configure script. I tried a bit with
> autoconf and automake
> but gave up in the end.
>
> Do you maybe know whether it has a new homepage?
> Where I can download one with a working configure script?

I tried with 'apt-get source' and the archive it gives me won't build,
even if it's supposed to be the base of the ubuntu package....

> Actually, this avifile seems to use old ffmpeg, and other libraries. Since
> the tarball of .48 is from 2009,
> I guess the version will probably full of security related bugs. Even if I
> get it to run, I may not want to
> link against it ;) Therefore this avifile is one of the lowest priorities for
> me right now.
> Maybe its more clever/better/whatever to directly link against ffmpeg? Don't
> know.

You're probably right, going for ffmpeg seems like the best move as it's
actively maintained and supporting a lot of codecs. But that probably
means more work that I'm able to do now and I don't even know if I could
do it, I know nothing about those librairies.

> Further, it seems to be c++, where I'm a total noob :(

Welcome to the club :o)

> I still did not had time to look into all the patches you sent me some time
> ago, from the Debian
> package of Cynthiune. IIRC, there was  a patch also with regard to avifile.
> Maybe can you check to get that patch applied and whether Cynthiune then
> builds the Bundle for you?

Yeah, sorry I didn't try that first. With the attached WindowMedia patch
the bundle builds. It then fails in the MusePack bundle but is fixed
with the Musepack-new-API patch.

And now compilation stops in the OSS bundle with :

> In file included from OSSPreference.m:35:0:
> OSS.h:33:1: attention : definition of protocol ‘CynthiuneBundle’ not found
> [enabled by default]
> OSS.h:33:1: attention : definition of protocol ‘Output’ not found [enabled by
> default]
>  Linking bundle OSS ...
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lossaudio

This one should probably be disabled by default.

Thanks,
Philippe