gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Zipper GUI refactoring

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Zipper GUI refactoring
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:56:30 +0100

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
Hi,

On Thursday, February 16, 2012 16:14 CET, Riccardo Mottola<address@hidden>
wrote:

Hi,

Just to announce that CVS of Zipper has the UI done in Gorm now,
Renaissance is no longer a dependency. The interface stayed about the
same. Some bugs solved by themselves during the transition (focus
problems with the documents).

Currently, the only problem is that the Table's columns re not resizable.
I made the columns resizable, was just the resizable flag on the NSTableView.
I also tested with tar.gz,, .gz, zip, rar, and 7z archives. I made some changes
to get 7z and rar to work. I changed the default rar binary to be used to unrar.

With the Preferences, do we want to support bsd tar, or remove that and keep it
for later?
Also the default open app, do we want to remove that for now, and also the view
menu entry. As far as I can see, its not used/working. We could leave that for
later.

Sure we can leave BSD tar support because it works for me after my fixes! Doesn't it for you?

I haven't investigated the openapp functionality yet. At worst, vefore release we can disable the controls.

Riccardo