gap-dev-discuss

[Gap-dev-discuss] MPDCon and Zipper

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: [Gap-dev-discuss] MPDCon and Zipper
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:52:37 +0100

Hi,

I managed Today to get all my changes for MPDCon into CVS.
Besides, just making it work again with latest gnustep, most notably changes:
 * BSD licensed libmpdclient is not bundled with the app anymore
 * switch to current libmpdclient API
 * Thanks to Gregory fixing Gorm, the playlist now shows an additional Genre
column, and the filter also works on that column
 * new Preference: mpdTimeout, to define the timeout to the server connection
 * define sane default values for mpdHost, mpdPort and mpdTimeout

So now, to build MPDCon, you need a recent libmpdclient installed, since its
not bundled anymore.
To actually make use of, you'd need a running mpd server somewhere.

For me now, it works rock solid, and with the new features, its even better
than the original already ;)

Riccardo: with Zipper you were faster than me, I'll try it tomorrow ;)

Btw, I added links to the MPDCon and Zipper web pages I created on the main
index site of GAP.
I still need to review my wording, and maybe reorder something in the pages.

So testers/feedback is welcome?
Or shall I maybe ask for testers/feedback on the general gnustep discussion
list?

cheers,
Sebastian