gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] PDF Viewer for presentation

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] PDF Viewer for presentation
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 09:20:36 +0100

Hi Sebastian,

Hi,

sounds like a nice feature to add to GSPdf! At least the keyboard
shortcuts should be easy to do, I'll look at them.
ah, great!

I have implemented support for keyboard navigation.

I don't know how to implement full-screen viewing smoothly. I did it in LaternaMagica with a trick which works (actually, one time out of thousand when browsing many images it breaks, but I was never able to reproduce it clearly and debug it), but I don't know how to port it to GSPdf which is a document-based application. A normal window can't be made full-screen, I need to create a new one by code, I don't know how to make this interact with the document controller etc. Under LM, which is single-window, I materially instantiate another window and "switch" the image view back and forth by reparenting. In GSPdf in full-screen you most certianly don't want all the controls, so perhaps a parallel, second view is needed, but how to get that work with the document based skeleton I don't know.

Anyway a bit of improvement it is and a reason for a 2012 release too :) But it needs to wait for a gui release because it has the dpi fix.

Riccardo