g-wrap-dev

Re: Problem with definition of new wrapped types

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: Problem with definition of new wrapped types
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:07:16 +0100

Patrick Bernaud <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> The example from the section Defining New Wrapped Types of the manual
> does not work (g-wrap version 1.9.7).
>
> I think there is a mistake or things that have changed since this
> section has been written but I am unable to fix it by myself.
>
> Any knowledgeable person could confirm and fix the documentation or
> post a working spec file?
>
> At least the definition for the C type should be something like:
>
> typedef struct {
> } Timespec64;
>
> And maybe the first parameter of wrap/unwrap methods is
> <timespec64-type> instead of <gw-ctype-void>. Right? Either way it
> still does not work.

I have now implemented that example and updated/corrected the manual a
bit. See http://www.nongnu.org/g-wrap/Development.html for how to get
the bleeding edge. The new example is in the guile/examples directory.

HTH, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden
Fingerprint              | C38A 39C5 16D7 B69F 33A3  6993 22C8 27F7 35A9 92E7

Always be wary of the Software Engineer who carries a screwdriver.
  -- Robert Paul