fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] 3D printed "air bike" on R4

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] 3D printed "air bike" on R4
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 10:24:55 +0000 (GMT)

Simon Ward wrote:
> This morning on R4, they talked about an “air bike” created by EADS
> using 3D printing, that could be ridden (and was apparently ridden in
> the building).  Now that’s a good example of a 3D printed product that
> is actually useful.  (I expect it is still prohibitively expensive
> though.)

It was on the TV this morning.  I think it was on Points West
Breakfast, but the BBC local news websites have been gutted recently,
so I didn't find it.  Maybe the iPlayer users can find it.  I didn't
see it on EADS.com either.

Given the maker, I think I prefer the bamboo bike :)

Regards,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work http://www.software.coop/products/