[Fsfe-uk] Follow-up: MFS Meeting. Tue, 19 Mar. "Vim intro, advanced, cta

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Follow-up: MFS Meeting. Tue, 19 Mar. "Vim intro, advanced, ctags & secrets"
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 23:37:55 +0000

To recap on some of the points in the Vim intro:

* Use the GUI version of Vim (`gvim`) to start with and use the menu
entries to learn the commands bit by bit.
* `i` to insert and `Esc` or `Ctrl-[` to go back to Normal mode.
* You can use cursor keys to move around but learn `hjkl`
* Do the vimtutor lessons: `gvimtutor`
* Learn little bits at a time and then practice but don't let it get in
the way of getting things done with Vim.
* Use the built-in help `:help`

Next month's meeting will be on Tuesday, 16th April.  The meeting will
be on useful projects using the BeagleBone Black, what to use it for and
what not to use it for.  For info on the BeagleBone Black see:
https://beagleboard.org/black/

See you next month,
M.