Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free software and the NHS

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free software and the NHS
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:33:53 +0100

graham <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...] However as it
> clearly had some use or you wouldn't be complaining, I'll move it back
> up my priority list of things to do. Don't expect to find up-to-date
> info on the NHS though, unless someone volunteers to put it there! [...]

If it's easier to put up a static and invite people to send in patches
somehow, that's fine by me.  I just find it a useful archive from time
to time.

> Does anyone have a more optimistic point of view on the public services
> to kick-start me into revamping open.egov?

Sadly not.  I'm as cynical as it gets.  Off-list, I was told that
http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.gov.uk/ was built on debian (now
upgraded to Ubuntu), Apache, Zope and Plone; and that there's a case
study of Beaumont Hospital's moves towards free software at
http://www.netproject.com/online.html just now.

Thanks for the tips,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.