[Fsfe-uk] Re: [affs-project] ideas etc

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [affs-project] ideas etc
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 01:09:20 +0100

I'm restoring the cc to fsfe-uk on this until affs-project has more members.
Sorry to those on both. When it hits 12 or so, I'll tell both lists, or someone
else can if they spot it.

On 2004-09-06 21:25:23 +0100 Kirsten Naylor <address@hidden> wrote:

> * great piles of a4 sheets with the affs take on various current issues,
> so that the uninitiated can hand them out and smile nicely without
> having to enter debates
> * also a4 sheets with practical details about what it means to belong to
> affs - what you get out of your £10 iow
> * _colourful_ signs to catch the eye, even if they're done with
> felt-tipped pens

All good ideas, although I'm in no state to help with the last two.

It's hard to decide what is most important without deciding: what are the aims
of the AFFS stand? Are we:
- establishing new contacts;
- gathering supporters;
- getting face-to-face feedback;
- selling merchandise;
- trying to get press coverage;
- demonstrating free software;
- distributing information;
- researching new trends;
- trying to find deals?

What's the main aim?

On a more practical note, what's our stand number? It's only just over a month
to go, so we should start publicising it. If we stock leaflets for projects
without stands, they could tell people the stand number too.

This is an excerpt from something I sent to ctte last week.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast