[Fsfe-uk] FYI: conference aims

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] FYI: conference aims
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:00:42 +0100

There is a mailing list created by Peter Clay of ukcdr.org which was set up after a discussion at the end of the Reading training event. The aim is to create a joint conference for AFFS, FFII-UK and CDR. The list is currently populated by the people from the training day, plus some more CDR people, minus seedsforchange. If AFFS people want to join, I will happily propose you and try to summarise any progress, but I don't have power to subscribe you.

Tom Chance wrote the following second-level aims. I have supported them and am waiting to see if enough others agree for it to look possible.

- To increase the visibility of the organizations represented here
- To further the causes represented by these organizations
- To recruit new members
- To discover new ideas and new approaches
- To link up with other relevant organizations

Unfortunately, the list seems to have entered "Internet heat death" before the above post. I think this is because one of the CDR members posted objections to not hearing about Reading from those who went in CDR's name.

I do not know if this is recoverable, but I am happy to say Graham and Tom seem to be trying. I'll give it another week or two, then suggest to them that we abandon it for now. I don't think this is worth a newsletter item until there's something more widely-agreed, but you fsfe-uk readers like to know what's going on, doncha?

Advice welcome, on- or off-list, of course.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast