[Fsfe-uk] Re: London (Olympia) Linux Expo 2002 (9&10 Oct)

From: Jono Bacon
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: London (Olympia) Linux Expo 2002 (9&10 Oct)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:20:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Phil,

Unofrtunatly I cannot organise a KDE booth this year
due to commitments at University. I would however be
interested in coming down on one of the days to do a
talk on KDE.

I will definitly be coming down to the expo on one of
the days and look forward to meeting up with you chaps
again. Any free beer confirmed for the after-expo
hanger ons?

Cheers,

        Jono

--- Philip Hands <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I had a meeting with James Drake-Brockman (of
> 101com, the Expo
> organisers.  James is taking over from Jonathan this
> year) on Friday, to
> start the ball rolling on organising the .ORG area
> at the upcoming
> London Expo:
>
>    http://www.101com.co.uk/Exhibitions/LinuxExpo/
>
> As a result, we have the stand space (which seems a
> little larger than
> last year, but is laid out as two rows of facing
> stands, to form a
> corridor) and speaking slots to fill.
>
> It looks like we'll get between 5 & 8 half hour
> slots for people to talk
> about their Free Software related stuff, so I need
> volunteers for those.
>
> My current guess at who might be taking stand space
> is:
>
>   Debian (big stand full of chaos, as per usual)
>   UKUUG
>   Lonix and/or GLLUG and/or LUGs (may want to take
> more than one stand)
>   AFFS and/or FFSe
>   KDE
>   Rosegarden
>   LPI ?
>   LI ?
>   OpenBSD ?
>
> I'm sure I've missed people out, so if you have
> suggestions for more,
> please tell me about them (preferably keeping all
> the addressees above,
> to cut down on duplication --- BTW should I set up a
> mailing list for
> this discussion?)
>
> If you can confirm or deny that any of the above
> will need space, and
> how much space you might be able to use, please tell
> me, so we can work
> out where to put the walls.
>
> If you feel like taking one of the presentation
> slots, please also
> mention that, so we can work out a timetable.
>
> Cheers, Phil.
> --
> Say no to software patents!
> http://petition.eurolinux.org/
>
> |)|  Philip Hands [+44 (0)20 8530 9560]
> http://www.hands.com/
> |-|  HANDS.COM Ltd.
> http://www.uk.debian.org/
> |(|  10 Onslow Gardens, South Woodford, London  E18
> 1NE  ENGLAND

name=signature.asc

=====
Jono Bacon - [vmlinuz] - jonoATkdeDOTorg
KDE Developer - Diary: http://www.advogato.org/person/jono/