Re: [Fsfe-uk] Empty List

From: matthew . king
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Empty List
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:51:36 +0100 (BST)

On 18 Oct, To: address@hidden wrote:
> I have in theory subscribed to this list, but I'm not getting any
> messages. Is this just me [likely] or is the list just not busy?

Well as I got this message so quickly, I shall assume it's not me but
you and so shall make my announcement:

I am a member of GLLUG and Lonix (London LUGs) and was at the pub the
other day when Ida Masayuki Ida was talking (his talk was good - you
should have been there. The beer was pretty good too).

I'm the systems administrator and chief programmer (aka The Computer
Geek) at Adam and Eve IT ltd. and am currently in the process of
writing a [open-source] system so that when we start we don't use any
proprietry software. I'm also *trying* to be a Debian developer.

During Mr. Ida's talk, it surfaced that the UK has no FSF chapter, and
so (on the spur of the moment, of course) I opted to fill the role of
president.

So here I am. I have no idea of what, exactly, this job entails, but
I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. :-)

Matthew

--
K++  w--- O-- M+ V? PS+>++ PE(--) Y+>++ PGP+++@ t+ 5-- X+(-) R tv-