Re: [Fsfe-uk] What needs to be done.

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] What needs to be done.
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:24:59 +0100

Hi,

finally...

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 10:04:04AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Marc Eberhard <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > The main reason for my silence is, that I'm on vacation 'till the end of the
> > month. As soon as I'm back, I will ask about rooms and accomodation at the
> > university.
>
> OK, thanks.  Perhaps this gives us at least a month to complete the
> other parts of the agenda?

Just asked about a room here. No problem as long as we are not more then
about 20 people, which I guess is reasonable. The point is, that we have one
room at our department, that will hold up to about 20 people and it is
trivial to get that one. If we need a bigger one, it has to go through some
formal procedure, which makes some work, but should still be possible. There
are no real restrictions on the date apart from the room not being booked
already. The room has a long round table and an overhead projector. No
catering, but maybe someone else wants to sponsor that?

Also asked our accommodation office, but they will let rooms only, if it is
for official visitors to the university. So that's a no go. Everyone needing
something should probably best check:

  www.birmingham.gov.uk/hotels

So, which date would be suitable for a meeting? Maybe we could get Georg
(FSFE) to Birmingham too?

Bye,
Marc

email: address@hidden