fsfe-france-gpl

[Fsfe-france-gpl] Re: Re: [Fsfe-france-gpl] Traité de la Hague

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Fsfe-france-gpl] Re: Re: [Fsfe-france-gpl] Traité de la Hague
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:54:57 +0200

Laurent Joubert writes:
 > Some French corporation are trying to resist (like Credit Lyonnais),
 > because the contracts are in English, under English Legislation, and
 > judgeg in England, with consequences in France.
 >
 > The French government is powerless in this situation.
 >
 > Hope this could help.

        It does, thanks a lot. I had the opportunity to understand more
about the Hague convention, thanks to Tony (address@hidden) who handed
me a nice FAQ and a few talks I had.

        What is still not clear to me is the implication the Hague convention
has on court decisions related to copyright infrigement. Could you summarize
this for me if you can ? Maybe Till and Axel can provide a pointer or two,
I'm sure they are very familiar with the subject but I don't want to waste
their time with newbie questions. I could add those pointers and explanations
in the pages related to the gpl so that computer scientists like me, mostly
unaware of those issues can have an understanding of what is at stake.

        Thanks again for your help,