fsf-members

[fsf-members] associate member forum (Discourse)

From: Philip Durbin
Subject: [fsf-members] associate member forum (Discourse)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 22:25:10 -0400

Hi! I'm participating here and there in the new Discourse installation for FSF members[1] but am I the only one who is a little disappointed that it's behind a paywall, that it's a walled garden?

I can understand only letting FSF members post to the forum (it's listed as a benefit) but I'd be ok with the rest of the world reading the conversation if they want to. I'm a more active contributor in other installations of Discourse that are public. I like openness and transparency.

I like that the libreplanet-discuss list[2] has public archives so I'll probably post more there than on FSF Discourse. And maybe people like me who like communicating in the open can breath new life into this fsf-members list? It looks like it hasn't had a post in a while. Are there things that FSF members would like to discuss in the open here on this list? I have a few items on my mind. :)

I hope everyone's having a great day. Thanks for listening. :)

Phil