Re: [ft] Windows build

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Windows build
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2018 07:03:29 +0200 (CEST)

> I've successfully compiled freetype on Windows 10 within a Cygnus
> environment, creating an archive lib and then building the demos
> from that.  When I execute ftview.exe,
> frinit.c/grInitDevices()/chain is null, causing grNewSurface() to
> return null, and generating the "could not allocate display surface"
> error message.

Are you using `graph/win32/grwin32.c'?  This gets selected if you set
the make variable `PLATFORM' to `win32'.  Normally, this gets
auto-detected by code in FreeType's `build/detect.mk' file (which in
turn calls all `builds/*/detect.mk' files to actually do the tests).
Maybe this check doesn't work under Cygnus...