[ft] installation problems

From: jawwad munir
Subject: [ft] installation problems
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 18:56:54 +0000

hello,I have tried to use freetype in visual studio 2017. I downloaded 2.5.3
than I compiled the solution directory file to obtain the .lib files. Than I
went into my project and in the additional include directory I typed the
address of the include folder I downloaded, under c/c++ under general. Than I
typed the address of the folder containing the .lib file  under linker general
and wrote freetype253.lib in the additional dependencies under linker input.
When I type

#include <ft2build.h>

#include FT_FREETYPE_H

there is no error

but when I use FT_Init_FreeType

at run time it gives error lnk2019 unresolved constant

it does the same with other freetype functions

can you guide me what I am doing wrong

Thank you