Re: [ft] the problem when build freetype

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] the problem when build freetype
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 07:41:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Guoliang!

> releases of freetype before 2.6.5. When I build the release of 2.7.1
> or latter, I always find that the output has warnings of
>
>  'getenv', undefined, assuming extern returning int.

Please tell us which compiler you use, and how you exactly call it.
And please send the exact compiler warning or error messages.

In case you are using the support files for WinCE 7 provided by
FreeType, there is a high probability that they are out of sync since
it is contributed code that we only blindly update.

> Although I can get freetype.lib, I cannot use it, a link error
> about getenv occurs.

Again, please show us the exact error message.

It would be also great if you could try the current git version of
FreeType – I believe you will get similar error messages, but it makes
it easier for us to work on the source code.