Re: [ft] Calling interfaces of one module in another

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Calling interfaces of one module in another
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 07:43:04 +0200 (CEST)

> Is there a way we can call a custom function in a driver module from
> another driver module?

Only with hacks that lead to code like

  #include "../foo/bar"

(note the ugly `..').  I don't consider this a clean solution.

> For example i have a custom function in Type1 driver module like
> T1_Face_Info_Custom_Func( ).  Can i call this function directly from
> base layer or any other driver module like TrueType driver module.

See above.

> I tried to use FT_Get_Module_interface() but it looks like it can
> only work if a service is made.

Yes.  Recently, GSoC student Ewald Hew has added some documentation to
describe the creation of services, see

  https://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/design/design-6.html