[ft] bitmap_left description

From: Phil Endecott
Subject: [ft] bitmap_left description
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 00:38:52 +0100

Dear Experts,

The docs for bitmap_left say:

    This is the bitmap's left bearing expressed in integer
    pixels. Of course, this is only valid if the format is
    FT_GLYPH_FORMAT_BITMAP.

I'm rendering individual glyphs from a TrueType font using
FT_Load_Glyph() followed by FT_Render_Glyph().  Having done
that I had been struggling to work out the metrics for the
result.  Then I discovered that bitmap_left and bitmap_top
seem to tell me exactly what I need to know - but I had
been avoiding them because this not a bitmap font and the
description quoted above.

Is it OK to use bitmap_left/top after FT_Render_Glyph()?
Is this a documentation issue?

Thanks,  Phil.