Re: [ft] Getting Vector Data form FT_GlyphSlot Render through OpenGL

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft] Getting Vector Data form FT_GlyphSlot Render through OpenGL
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 10:52:17 +0900

Hi,

To retrieve the vector data from TTF via FreeType2, FT_Outline_Decompose()
function would be useful. Giving a function pointer table calling the functions
to move currentpoint, or to draw straight, cubic or conic curves,
FT_Outline_Decompose()
calls them to trace the vector data in the "outline" member in glyph slot.

The objection might be that the rasterized result by OpenGL cannot be
cached by FreeType2 (FreeType2 has a cache subsystem), so rendering a
long text with small charset could be slow.

Regards,
mpsuzuki