[ft] license question

From: Christopher Svanefalk
Subject: [ft] license question
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:33:13 +0200

Dear all,

I just had some question regarding the FLT. It says:

  "As  you have  not signed  this license,  you are  not  required to
  accept  it.   However,  as  the FreeType  Project  is  copyrighted
  material, only  this license, or  another one contracted  with the
  authors, grants you  the right to use, distribute,  and modify it.
  Therefore,  by  using,  distributing,  or modifying  the  FreeType
  Project, you indicate that you understand and accept all the terms
  of this license."

1. Does "use" (or even "copy") in this context include the action of downloading Freetype through a package manager (I run Linux), to be run either standalone or as a dependency for another package? As I understood the initial explanation, it seemed to imply that "use" meant things related to compilation, as opposed to running the program itself.

2. Does any package including the file FTL.txt automatically fall under the FTL?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Christopher Svanefak