Re: [ft] Setting up freetype for an embedded cross compiled system

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Setting up freetype for an embedded cross compiled system
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 09:22:58 +0900

Hi,

Your post has little infomation about what you did in
concrete, so it is difficult to make meaningful advise.
So following is general comment.

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 13:29:05 -0400
Steve Cobb <address@hidden> wrote:

>I am looking at pulling freetype (2.4.6) into an existing embedded project
>just to render TrueType fonts.  This is a singular application on a device
>with no OS.

Hmm, your target system has C89 (ANSI C) functionalities?
Or, less than C89?

>As such, it does not seem that the usual self configuration scripts will
>work (as per docs/INSTALL.CROSS).

Yes, I guess, GNU autoconf would not be able to detect
your target system.

>Following docs/INSTALL.ANY and docs/CONFIGURE, I pulled what I believe are
>the correct files into the existing development system for the
>device/application.

Umm, there is no docs/CONFIGURE.

>In building it, I'm getting all of the errors regarding undefined  #include
>FT_INTERNAL_XXXX_H errors.  From reading through the archives, the
>FT_INTERNAL includes seem to be used for more advanced "internal"
>applications.  Is there something configured by running configuration
>scripts that creates a set of files that would not include files that need
>the FT_INERNAL_XXXX includes?
>
>Is there another doc that I've missed that is geared towards embedded
>porting?  If not, I guess I'm up for writing it.

FT_INTERNAL_XXXX errors are typical errors when you
didn't include freetype/config/ftheader.h. Have you
red and followed the instructions in docs/CUSTOMIZE
section 3 "Redefiniting FT_CONFIG_OPTIONS_H and FT_CONFIG_MODULES_H".

Regards,
mpsuzuki