[ft] freetype in ffmpeg scaling fonts down

From: Rob Desilets
Subject: [ft] freetype in ffmpeg scaling fonts down
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 10:57:32 -0500

Hi,

I am using drawtext from within FFMPEG and it's working great. I have one small issue:

I am sending in a font with size of 11, but when the final text is placed on the video it's a lot smaller than the 11 point font. My guess is that somehow it's scaling the text down.

Per the ffmpeg man pages for drawtext, I can pass in ft_load_flags, as listed below. It says the default is "render".

1) Does anyone know the flag(s) I need to send in to render the text at the correct font size (without scaling it).
2) Does anyone know the correct syntax to send in more than 1 flag. When I sent in "no_scale" the result was that none of the text appears -- so my guess is that I need to send in no_scale (or other flags) along with render.

Thanks.

-Rob
`ft_load_flags'
Flags to be used for loading the fonts. The flags map the corresponding flags supported by libfreetype, and are a combination of the following values:
default

no_scale

no_hinting

render

no_bitmap

vertical_layout

force_autohint

crop_bitmap

pedantic

ignore_global_advance_width

no_recurse

ignore_transform

monochrome

linear_design

no_autohint

end table

Default value is "render". For more information consult the documentation for the FT_LOAD_* libfreetype flags.