Re: [ft] Getting width of space

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Getting width of space
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 22:02:01 +0200 (CEST)

> No, I had some problems building the demos. I guess it has been a
> while that somebody has tried them on OS/2 (which I should have
> mentioned right away is the platform I'm using).

Aaah.  Well, I don't think that too many things have changed here;
however, I have no idea about PM programming...

> I got them to build now by adding
>
>    CFLAGS+=-c
>    LDFLAGS+=-Zomf -Zexe
>
> at the top of Makefile.

Which compiler do you use?  Have a look into
freetype2/builds/os2/detect.mk...  Can you improve this, probably by
providing patches?

> But when starting ftstring just now as
>
>    ftstring.exe -m "some message" 50 c:\PSFonts\tnrwt_j.ttf
>
> it shows an empty PM window that never paints...

I would be glad if you could fix that too.

> Could you otherwise give me a hint where in FT I could start
> debugging, i.e. where the width is calculated?

Please read the file docs/DEBUG and try those environment variables.